Recognizing that cybersecurity is an increasingly complex issue that effects the health, economic prosperity, national security, and democratic institutions of the country, in 2016 Senator Warner and Senator Gardner committed to creating the Senate Cybersecurity Caucus as a bipartisan educational resource to help the Senate more effectively engage on cybersecurity policy issues. The goal of the Senate Cybersecurity Caucus is to elevate the cybersecurity public policy conversation, and to educate members and staff on evolving threats across the information security technology landscape.
- The caucus seeks to address the full spectrum of cybersecurity issues in bipartisan, productive manner. The intent is not to direct the conversation in service of a specific agenda.
The caucus will seek to hold events for Senate Staffers and Members regularly throughout the year.
Events will include but not be limited to briefings, workshops, demonstrations, and tours of local cyber facilities.
Although most Caucus events will be private or invite-only in nature, the Caucus co-chairs will explore opportunities to include the general public. Please refer back to this web page for further information on such events.
White House Resources
- National Security Strategy, 2016
- National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding, 2012
- International Strategy for Cyberspace, 2011
- Trustworthy Cyberspace: Strategic Plan for the Federal Cybersecurity R&D Program, 2011
- National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace, 2011
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework, 2013
- The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education
- Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan, 2015
- Cybersecurity National Action Plan, 2016
Commonwealth of Virginia Cyber Resources
Latest Cybersecurity News
|11/15/19||Warner Urges HHS to Establish Set of Data Standards to Protect Patient Privacy & Prevent Misuse of Information Ahead of New CMS Rule|
|11/8/19||Warner Raises Alarm About HHS Failure to Act Following Exposure of Sensitive Patient Data|
|9/23/19||Warner Seeks Answers in Light of Negligent Cybersecurity Practices by Health Care Company|
|9/16/19||Warner Raises Questions about Cybersecurity Practices Amid Breaches Involving Sensitive Biometric Data|
|7/30/19||Crapo, Warner Legislation Would Secure U.S. Supply Chains Against Foreign Exploitation|
|7/22/19||Sen. Warner Statement on Equifax Settlement|