My office will make every effort to assist Virginians with specific concerns involving a federal agency such as: Social Security, Medicare, veterans or military affairs, federal taxes, federal retirement/annuity benefits, passports, or immigration issues.

My office must first have a request in writing before we can take action on your behalf. Your signature needs to be included. Please have available copies of all correspondence you have received from the federal agency involved.

As quickly as we receive your request, we will acknowledge receipt of your information. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires written permission before a congressional office may make certain inquiries to a federal agency on your behalf. Prior to clicking submit, please download a copy of the appropriate Privacy Act Release below, complete the form and submit it to my office at

To initiate a request, please fill out our online form below.

Important to Note

  • As your United States Senator, my jurisdiction is primarily over federal matters.  I am unable to intervene in state or local government issues as well as court cases/civil disputes.
  • Additionally my staff cannot provide legal advice or act as an advocate in legal matters.
  • If your problem involves an agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia, I encourage you to make an inquiry with the Governor of Virginia ( or your member of the Virginia General Assembly (
  • In the event of an emergency (any issue that is urgent, or extremely time sensitive), please call my office at 540-857-2676.


If you are in need of individual assistance, please contact my office using the form below. Please be sure to provide good contact information so my staff will be able to reach you.

If you have a general comment about a Coronavirus related topic, you can send me an email using this form.

You may be assured that messages received from the webforms are being monitored throughout the day.
If you are unable to complete a webform online please, contact my office by phone at (202) 224-2023.

For the latest information regarding the virus please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. For the latest on my work in the Senate on this evolving situation, please visit the Coronavirus Updates Page on my website.

For information and updates about the Coronavirus in Virginia, you may also contact the Virginia Department of Health at or by phone 1-877-ASK VDH3 (1-877-275-8343).


To submit a casework request, please complete the form below:

Note: Fields marked with an * are required.

Please note: Some popular email spam filters accidentally mark our emails as junk mail. Please check your settings to ensure that you receive our reply.

Please CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Privacy Release unless you have a mortgage-related issue, or an issue related to US Citizenship and Immigration Services or Immigration and Customs Enforcement. If so, please download the appropriate form below.

If you are a constituent with an issue related to US Citizenship and Immigration Services, please CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Privacy Release.

If you are a constituent with an issue related to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, please CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Privacy Release.

If you are a constituent with a mortgage-related issue, please CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Privacy Release.