2023 Virginia Women's Conference
Registration is now live!
Announcing the 11th (almost) Annual Virginia Women’s Conference: Harness Your Power!
8 AM – 2:30 PM, Saturday, September 30, 2023, Old Dominion University
Conference Co-Hosts: Senator Mark R. Warner, Old Dominion University, CathyLewis.com, Cox Communications, Dominion Energy, Market Exec, TowneBank, Sentara Health, Virginia Natural Gas, 5Points Creative
The Virginia Women’s Conference is dedicated to providing a venue for Virginia women of all ages to meet, network, hear from experts on a variety of important topics, and gather resources from federal, state, and local agencies.
This year’s conference features our fabulous keynote speaker, Captain Janet Days, Commanding Officer of Naval Station Norfolk, remarks from Senator Mark R. Warner, a variety of informative and engaging workshops to choose from, a Resource Fair featuring federal agencies, nonprofits, and other organizations, and plenty of time to network with your newly made friends.
This event is free to all participants but registration is required as space is limited!
For updates and promotional information, please check this page for updates, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
8:00 AM Doors Open: Registration, Networking Breakfast, & Resource Fair
8:45 AM Welcome Program
9:00 AM Harness Your Power panel
10:00 AM Breakout Sessions I
11:00 AM Breakout Sessions II
12:00 PM Remarks, Sen. Mark R. Warner
12:20 PM Keynote: Captain Janet Days, Commanding Officer, Naval Station Norfolk
1:00 PM Lunch, Networking, and Resource Fair
2:30 PM Conference Concludes
Breakout Sessions I
WOMEN’S HEALTH, TODAY AND TOMORROW: A look at the experience of women today and where transformation of care will lead us, including topics such as pregnancy, racial disparity in outcomes, respectful care and consent and more.
0 TO 10: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE THAT EMPOWERS YOU TO BREAKTHROUGH BARRIERS AT WORK RIGHT NOW: Embark on a transformative journey as we uncover how AI can empower women professionals to overcome significant career barriers;
FINANCIAL FREEDOM: A basic path to Financial Freedom through Financial Literacy, Mortgage, and Investment education;
76 YEARS AROUND THE PLANET: WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE!: Join Rita Ricks as she shares the ten profound revelations that have propelled her towards claiming her best self at 76 years young;
HARNESS THE POWER OF SELF-CARE-IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: This session will equip you with a new perspective on self-care, and you'll walk away with a list of simple daily practices you can incorporate in 15 minutes or less!
Breakout Sessions II
THE DOODLING COLLECTIVE: This hands-on workshop will switch your brain from efficiency to exploration through doodling;
THE SIX PILLARS OF BRAIN HEALTH: In this interactive session, you will learn activities that support brain health;
S.T.E.P.S. FOR SUCCESS - IN BUSINESS AND IN LIFE: You will be given a framework and provided tools for evolving your own approach to entrepreneurship and personal growth;
EMPOWERING YOU TO NAVIGATE THE ONLINE WORLD: PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION PRIVACY: Meet Voices of Privacy co-hosts, France Bélanger and Donna Wertalik, as they present a topic on everyone’s mind: is information privacy dead? And if not, what can I do to protect myself and my loved ones?
AAUW WORK SMART: SALARY NEGOTIATION: Attend this session to learn how to confidently and successfully negotiate your salary and benefits packages.
- Individuals needing assistance: Individuals with disabilities who require an auxiliary aid or service should contact Reagan Blewett at 202-224-6210 no later than Monday, September 18, 2023.
- Venue: #VAWC23 will be held in the Webb University Center at Old Dominion University,1301 West 49th Street, Norfolk, VA, 23529.
- Parking: Attendees are directed to park in the 49th Street Stadium Garage at ODU.
- Registration: Doors open and check-in will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Breakfast/Lunch: A complimentary continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Refreshments will also be available for purchase in the food court.
- Breakout Sessions: Workshop locations will be indicated in the program you receive upon check-in.
- Plan your weekend: Information about visiting Norfolk, the Neptune Festival, and Hampton Roads.
- Attire: Business casual is recommended. Please be comfortable.
- Lodging: We have secured a room block for attendees who need overnight accommodation at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University. Please be sure to reserve your room as soon as possible before the block sells out. The block closes on September 9, 2023.
This conference is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical official U.S. Senate constituent services event.